Here goes our delicious falafel recipe, which is a traditional Middle Eastern favourite dish. Its very easy to make this versatile dish at home. It is made from white chick peas, fresh herbs and spices. It tastes heavenly with crispy outside and moist inside with a tempting flavor. It is served best with hummus, (here's the recipe for homemade hummus), tomato salsa and green salad. Here's our tasty falafel video recipe..enjoy!!!
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Chickpeas / kondakadalai / garbanzo bean / chana - 1 cup
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 4
- Sliced onions - 1/2 cup
- Sliced coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash and soak chickpeas for 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain water completely through a colander.
- Add it to blender. Add salt, cumin pwd, baking soda, garlic, sliced onions and coriander leaves.
- Grind to coarse paste without adding water.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Take a small lemon sized ball out of it as shown in above video.
- Pat it flat.
- Drop in hot oil gently.
- Dont overcrowd the oil.
- Deep fry in medium flame.
- Once the falafel turns crispy & golden, drain from oil.
- Crispy delicious homemade falafel is ready.
- It makes an excellent combo with evening coffee or tea.