Kerala Style Chicken Roast:
No doubt, this hot n fiery Kerala Style Chicken Roast is one of the favorite of Spicy food lovers..!
It is one of the authentic delicious menu item in the restaurants of Kerala. This fiery red chicken dish is prepared with a semi-gravy and fresh coconut gratings.
This dish tastes excellent as side dish for fried rice, pulao, roti, plain white rice etc.
Check out this hot and spicy authentic recipe ….its really going to be a treat for your taste buds..:)
· Chicken leg piece - 3 or 4
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Sliced onions - ½ cup
· Curry leaves - 10 to 12
· Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
· Vinegar - 2 tsp
· Crushed pepper corns - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash chicken and drain water thoroughly.
2. Marinate the chicken with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, salt, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste.
3. Allow to marinate for at least 3 to 4 hrs.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan.
5. Add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
6. Add finely sliced onions.
7. Sauté till transulent.
8. Add curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
9. Add finely grated coconut shreds and mix well.
10.Now add the marinated chicken .
11.Roast the chicken thoroughly, make sure the masala mix in well.
12.Add ¼ cup of water and cook chicken covered in low flame.
13.Add 2 to 3 tsp of vinegar and allow the chicken to cook till it turns tender.
14.Add crushed peppercorns and garam masala pwd.
15.Add finely sliced green chillies and combine all the ingredients.
16.Turn off flame.
17.Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
18.Kerala style spicy Chicken roast is ready.
19.Enjoy hot with plain white rice, fried rice, pulao or roti.