Today's recipe is a simple and delicious tea time snack that can be prepared in no time. This starter recipe is made with spinach leaves & tastes heavenly delicious that no one would guess there is greens in it. It is one of the very popular & hot favorite starter recipe of South India. Lets see how to make this crispy snack with this easy video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Spinach chopped - 1 cup
- Besan flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Cumin pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain - 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Sliced green chilly - 1 or 2
- Crushed garlic - 3 to 4
- Broken cashewnuts - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- OIl to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash and chop spinach to fine pieces.
- Add spinach to mixing bowl.
- Add besan flour, rice flour, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd, garam masala pwd, ajwain, baking soda, salt and chopped coriander leaves.
- Add sliced green chilly, crushed garlic, broken cashewnuts, ghee and mix well.
- Sprinkle water little by little and knead to thick dough.
- cover and allow the dough to rest for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Add the spinach dough in hot oil in batches.
- Take care not to overcrown the oil.
- Deep fry in medium flame.
- Once the pakoda turns golden and crispy, drain in kitchen tissue.
- Crispy delicious spinach pakoda is ready.
- It makes an excellent tea time snack.