If you're looking for a quick healthy snack for tea time, here comes the crispy, delicious appam snack recipe. This spongy appam is one of the kids favorite snack and its commonly prepared on festivals like Karthigai Deepam, Krishna Jayanthi etc. Its made with whole wheat flour, jaggery, banana, grated coconut and ghee. Try this easy and tasty appam at your home with this easy video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Ripe banana - 2 to 3
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 3 tbsp
- Rava / Semolina - 1 tbsp
- Jaggery powdered - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Elaichi (cardamom pwd) - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Peel the banana and mash it to paste.
- Add wheat flour and rice flour to mixing bowl.
- Add cardamom pwd and grated coconut to it.
- Add a pinch of salt ( to enhance sweetness) and mashed banana.
- Stir the contents well.
- Now heat jaggery along with 1 cup of water in a pan.
- Stir well to dissolve.
- Once the jaggery melts completely turn off flame.
- Add the thick jaggery syrup to batter.
- Add rava (semolina) and mix the batter well.
- The batter should be in thick consistency.
- Grease the paniyaram pan with ghee.
- Pour batter in the pan.
- Heat the pan in medium flame.
- Drizzle ghee to the top of the appam.
- Let it cook until it turns golden brown on the bottom.
- Now flip it to the other side and cook.
- Once its golden on both the sides, remove from flame.
- Yummilicious and healthy sweet appam is ready.
- It makes an excellent snack along with evening coffee.