Gulab Jamun RecipeHere comes the India's most popular dessert, melt-in-mouth Gulab Jamun recipe. This delicious dessert is prepared with milk pwd, maida, sugar and water. In this recipe the fried dumplings are soaked in cardamom flavored sugar syrup. This festive delight is makes a prime place during Diwali, Navratri, Holi festivals. This makes a favorite dessert of everyone especially for kids due to its irresistable softness & sweet taste. Try this simple video recipe and enjoy the favorite gulab jamun sweet in the comfort of your home.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Milk pwd - 1 cup
- Maida flour ( all purpose flour) - 1/4 cup
- Baking pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 200 g
- Cardamom - 2
- Fresh lemon juice - few drops
- saffron strands - a few
- Pista slices for garnishing
- Oil to deep fry
- Add milk pwd in a plate.
- Seive and remove all the lumps.
- Add maida flour and baking pwd.
- Mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead to smooth soft sticky dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Mean while lets prepare sugar syrup.
- In a bowl, add sugar and 1 cup of water. ( the water should be just enough to immerse the sugar)
- Heat the bowl in low flame.
- Add cardamom and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Once the sugar syrup starts boiling and reaches oily consistency, turn off flame.
- Add few drops of fresh lemon juice. This helps to prevent sugar syrup from crystallisation.
- Now knead the dough softly.
- Roll it to small lemon sized balls.
- Heat oil in frypan.
- Add the jamuns one by one and deep fry in low medium flame.
- Take care the flame shouldn't be high, as it tends to make the jamuns become dark colour outside and uncooked inside.
- In low flame fry the jamuns until they become crisp and golden in colour.
- Remove and drain in kitchen tissue.
- Drop them in hot sugar syrup.
- Add saffron strands for flavor & colour.
- Let the jamuns soak in sugar syrup for atleast 2 hours.
- Garnish with finely sliced nuts.
- Lipsmacking delicious homemade Gulab jamuns are ready.
- Enjoy warm or chilled.