Today’s delicious recipe is Dahi Aloo. Dahi wale aloo is a yoghurt based gravy prepared with a combo of potato and flavorful spices. This gravy is very easy to prepare and tastes rich and spicy. It goes excellent with pulaos, parathas, chapattis, puris or rotis.
Try this popular North Indian curry and enjoy the irresistible taste..!
· Aloo / potatoes cubed - 2 cups
· Yoghurt - 1 cup
· Oil or ghee - 2 tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 7 to 8
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd -1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and pressure cook potatoes.
2. Peel off the skin and slice them to fine cubes.
3. Heat oil or ghee in the pan.
4. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and wait to splutter.
5. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt and coriander pwd.
6. Mix well.
7. Add the cubed potatoes and combine gently.
8. Simmer the flame for 4 to 5 mins.
9. Stir once in a while, so that the potatoes are coated completely with the spice masala.
10. Now add the thick yoghurt and mix well.
11. Reduce heat and allow to boil. (if needed add 1/2 cup of warm water and adjust the consistency of the gravy)
12. Sprinkle garam masala pwd and cumin pwd.
13. Turn off flame and transfer to serving bowl.
14. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
15. Serve hot with parathas, roti or chapatti.
16. Make delicious Dahi Aloo Curry at home n enjoy..!!!
You might also like to check: