Kerala Avial Recipe - Kerala Style Aviyal / Easy Video Recipe
Today lets see how to make traditional Kerala style Avial recipe which is a unique dish of Onam Sadya. No feast in south India is complete without aviyal. Its a delicious preparation made with combo of vegetables, curd, flavorful spices, coconut and curry leaves. This nutrient rich dish makes an excellent combo with adai, white rice or even with Indian breads like chapati, roti, etc. Check out this easy video recipe to make delicious avial at home.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Sliced vegetables - 1 cup
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chilli - 2 to 3
- Yoghurt - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Slice veggies like drumstick, elephant yam, brinjal, carrot, beans, pumpkin, plantain, cucumber, snakegourd, avarai, etc.
- Slice them lengthwise as shown in video.
- Heat coconut oil in frypan.
- Add curry leaves and wait to splutter.
- Add veggies and saute for few minutes in high flame.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilli pwd and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook covered until soft.
- Grate coconut to fine pieces.
- In blender add grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chilli.
- Grind to coarse mixture without adding water.
- Once the veggies are cooked tender, add yoghurt and mix.
- Add coconut mixture and combine gently.
- Turn off flame by adding a tsp of coconut oil.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Healthy delicious kerala avial is ready.
- Serve avial hot with rice, sambar or any curry of your choice.