Maladu Recipe / Fried Gram Or Roasted Gram Ladoo Recipe
Looking for easy to make healthy delicious after school snack for kids? Here comes the famous South Indian ladoo recipe made with roasted gram, sugar and ghee. My mom used to prepare in my childhood days and I love to taste these soft, melt-in-mouth delicious ladoos for evening snacks. This very popular & instant ladoo can be prepared in just few minutes with the readily available ingredients at home. Learn how to make maladu at home with this easy video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Fried gram / roasted gram / pottukadalai - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Cardamom pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Add sugar to blender and grind to smooth powder.
- Heat pan and add fried gram.
- Roast it in low flame for few minutes.
- Turn off flame and allow to cool.
- Add to blender and grind to smooth powder.
- Seive the fried gram powder and remove the lumps & dirt.
- Now heat ghee in frypan.
- Add fried gram powder and roast for few minutes.
- Add sugar pwd and cardamom pwd.
- Roast for few more minutes in low flame.
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee and toss.
- Turn off flame.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and press to ladoos immediately as shown in video.
- Try to make ladoos while the mixture is hot, else the ladoos may break. In case, if the mixture is not binding, sprinkling few tsp ghee or milk and make ladoos.
- Arrange the rolled ladoos in plate.
- Let it cool and store it in air tight container.
- It has a shelf life of 3 to 4 weeks.
- Enjoy the healthy delicious maladu at your home.