SURA MEEN PUTTU / SHARK FISH PUTTU / EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Looking for your favorite Sura meen puttu recipe? Here goes the simple & easy video recipe to prepare sura puttu at home. It is an usual recipe in our household with mild spices. In this recipe the cooked flesh of the fish is shredded and stir fried with aromatic masala. Check out this wonderful recipe & enjoy the scrumptious taste of sura puttu.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Sura (shark) fish - 1/2 kg
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Green chilly - 2
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Sliced onions - 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash shark (sura) fish thoroughly.
- Drain water.
- Take it in a bowl.
- Add turmeric pwd, salt and 1 cup of water.
- Cook covered for 10 mins or until done.
- Turn off flame and allow to cool.
- Peel off the skin and mash it by removing the middle bone.
- In a mixing bowl, add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add cooked and mashed fish and mix completely.
- Let it marinate for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in frypan / kadai.
- Add finely sliced onions and stir.
- Saute until light brown.
- Add sliced green chilly and coriander leaves.
- Saute for 2 mins.
- Add marinated fish and toss.
- Toss in high flame for few minutes.
- Drizzle oil to the sides.
- Keep flame in low and roast the fish for 10 mins.
- Stir once in a while.
- Once the puttu is done, sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off flame.
- Irresistably delicious traditional sura puttu is ready.
Enjoy hot with rice dishes or with roti.