Onion Pakoda / Healthy Tea Time Snacks - Easy Video Recipe
Looking for a super crispy fritters snack that goes well with evening tea/coffee? Here goes the irresistably delicious best South Indian snack Onion pakoda. This crispy & spicy snack is very easy to prepare in just 5 to 10 mins. Adding crushed garlic really makes this snack flavorful & tempting. In this recipe, sliced onions are mixed with besan flour, rice flour and aromatic spices and then deep fried until crispy & golden. Try this very popular snack in your home with this easy video recipe.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Sliced onion - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Besan flour ( gram flour or kadalai maavu) - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Hing / asafetida pwd - a pinch
- Green chilly - 1
- Crushed garlic pods - 4
- Broken cashew - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - a few
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Slice onions and keep ready.
- In a mixing bowl, add sliced onions, green chilly, curry leaves and mix.
- Add crushed garlic pods, broken cashewnuts and combine.
- Add butter, besan flour, rice flour, hing, salt and red chilly pwd.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well without adding water.
- Cover it with lid and let it rest for 10 mins.
- The moisture let out by onions is enough to bind the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add the onion mixture in batches as shown in video.
- Deep fry in medium flame.
- Flip it to ensure the pakoda is cooked evenly on both sides.
- Once the onion pakoda is crisp and golden, drain in kitchen tissue.
- Crunchy, yummy onion pakoda is ready.
- It makes an irresistable snack along with hot cup of coffee or chai.