Idli Podi / Idly Milagai Powder - Easy Video Recipe
Idli Podi Recipe:Idli podi makes a perfect side dish to accomapany South Indian breakfast dishes like Idli & dosa, uthapam, etc. This flavorful spice powder is very easy to prepare at home and they have a long shelf life when they're stored in properly in air tight clean jar. For this recipe, chana dal, urad dal, sesame seeds and red chilly are the main ingredients. This can be prepared instantly and most of the South Indians prefer eating idly, dosa with this milagai podi even though chutneys are prepared. Check out this easy video recipe and make idly podi in a healthy way at home.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Red chilly - 15
- Chana dal (kadalai paruppu or gram dal) - 1 cup
- Urad dal (ulutham paruppu) - 1 cup
- Sesame seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Hing / asafetida (perungayam pwd) - 1 tsp
- Pepper corns - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 15
- Salt to taste
- Heat sesame oil in frypan.
- Add red chilly and saute in low flame.
- Saute for few minutes and remove from flame.
- Set it aside.
- Add chana dal and saute till light brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Add urad dal and roast for few minutes.
- Add sesame seeds, curry leaves, pepper corns, hing and salt.
- Toss for few minutes.
- Remove from flame and allow the ingredients to cool completely.
- Add it to blender and grind to coarse pwd.
- That's it...flavorful and aromatic homemade idli podi is ready.
- It makes a heavenly combo with hot soft & spongy idlies and crispy dosa.