Coconut Burfi / Nariyal Ki Burfi / Easy Video Recipe
Today's post is one of the simplest yet classic recipe of an Indian sweet, Coconut Burfi that is prepared during special occasions and festivals like Diwali, Navratri, Holi, Krishna Jayanthi. It can be prepared quickly and my MIL is an expert in making this & it can be made with very few ingredients: grated coconut, milk, cardamom, sugar and ghee. Try this easy video recipe and enjoy the delicious Indian sweet mithai at home.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Grated coconut - 2 & 1/2 cups
- Whole milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Grate coconut to fine shreds.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add coconut shreds and saute in low flame for 5 to 7 mins.
- Add warm milk, sugar and cardamom pwd.
- Cook with stirring in low medium flame until the mixture thickens.
- Turn the flame to low and saute for another 10 mins.
- Add melted ghee and toss.
- Turn off flame and transfer to ghee smeared tray.
- Flatten it on top and make slits slightly while its hot.
- Garnish with raisins.
- Allow to cool and refrigerated it for 2 hours.
- Now slice it to pieces.
- Healthy delicious Coconut Burfi is ready.
- Enjoy chilled or warm.