AVAL PAYASAM / POHA KHEER - Easy Video Recipe
Aval Payasam or Poha Kheer is yet another healthy, quick & easy to make sweet dish for festival season. This traditional kheer made of aval or flattened rice is very special to serve as neivedyam dish to serve god. We can also substitute jaggery for sugar in this recipe as it is rich in iron & nutrients. It requires only few ingredients and can be prepared in a jiffy. Kids love this mild sweet taste with rich cardamom flavor. Try this simple video recipe & enjoy the irresistable dessert.
Video Recipe For more Video recipes Subscribe here
- Poha (aval or rice flakes) - 1 cup
- Whole milk - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Cashew - 7
- Raisins - 8
- Almonds - 5
- Saffron strands to garnish
- Heat ghee in frypan.
- Add cashew & raisins.
- Roast to golden, drain & reserve.
- Add aval (poha) and saute in low flame for 5 mins.
- Add thick whole milk and stir.
- Let the poha cook in milk for 10 mins in low flame.
- Stir once in a while to ensure, it doesn't stick to bottom of the pan.
- Add cardamom pwd and sugar.
- Stir well to combine.
- Let the payasam be in low flame for another 5 mins.
- Once the payasam reaches the desired consistency, add golden roasted cashew and raisins.
- Stir well and turn off flame.
- Lipsmacking healthy delicious Aval payasam ready.
- Serve warm or chilled.