Attukal Paya / Mutton Leg Paya / Attukal Soup - Easy Video Recipe
Attukal Paya Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
- Attukal / Mutton leg pieces - 15 to 20
- Onion - 3
- Tomato - 3
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 3 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Saunf - 1/2 tsp
- Peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
- Thick coconut paste - 1 small cup
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Clean & wash attukal (mutton leg pieces)
- Drain water completely and set aside.
- Heat oil in cooker.
- Add onions and toss till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add sliced tomatoes and fry for 2 mins or until tomatoes turn soft and cooked.
- Add attukal (mutton leg pieces) and mix well.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and coriander pwd.
- Stir the masala well.
- Add enough water and combine.
- Close the cooker with lid and pressure cook.
- Let the flame be in high for 5 whistles and simmer the flame for 15 to 20 mins.
- Once the pressure is gone, mix the contents well.
- Check if the mutton leg pieces are cooked and done.
- Add salt and mix.
- Let the gravy along with mutton rest for overnight or minimum 4 hours.
- This enhances the flavor & taste of attukal curry / paya.
- Grate coconut to small pieces.
- Add it to blender.
- Add water and grind to thick smooth paste.
- Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frypan.
- Add bayleaf, cumin and saunf.
- Add curry leaves and wait to splutter.
- Turn off flame and add it to gravy.
- Add coconut paste and mix well.
- Allow the gravy to boil for few minutes and turn off flame.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Authentic delicious Attukal Paya / Mutton leg curry is ready.
- Makes a lipsmacking combo with idly, dosa, idiyappam, chapati, etc.