POORI RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE POORI - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Poori Recipe:Making puffy poori's at home is really a challenge & a dream come true for beginners in cooking. But its not at all that hard, you just need to know the right consistency of the dough and few tips & tricks to turn into expert poori maker. This video shows the very easy and simple method to make crispy puffy pooris. We used to prepare it on weekend breakfast and makes an lipsmacking combo with aloo masala.
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Sooji / rava - 1 tsp
- Water as required to knead
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- In a mixing bowl, add approx 1 small cup of water and mix salt to it.
- Add wheat flour, sooji and mix.
- Add little water as required and knead to smooth soft dough.
- The dough shouldn't be too tight or watery.
- The consistency of the dough should be as seen in the video.
- Cover it with lid and let the dough rest for 5 mins.
- Now knead again and make small balls out of it.
- Dust it with wheat flour and roll it to small flat discs.
- Heat oil in fry pan.
- When the oil is hot, turn the flame to medium low and drop the pooris.
- Flip it once it puffs.
- When it turns golden and crisp on both sides, drain in kitchen tissue.
- Yummy crispy pooris are ready.
- Makes a heavenly combo with Aloo masala.
- Enjoy hot.
- Take care not to rest the dough for more time, it will turn moist and drink more oil while making pooris.
- When the oil is not hot enough, the poori wont puff. The heat should be optimum.
- The dough shouldn't be loose or watery. The consistency of the dough plays an important role in puffing.