Peanut / Groundnut Chutney - Video Recipe
Groundnut / Peanut Chutney:Here goes the delicious & typical Indian chutney with nutty flavor. When you're bored with the regular coconut chutney to go along with Idlies & dosa, then this quick peanut chutney will be an excellent choice. This fiery recipe is very easy to prepare and compliments many South Indian dishes like Idly, dosa, kichadi, pongal, vada, etc., Trust me once you try this recipe, you'll never ever forget the tempting taste.
- Peanuts - 1 cup
- Red chilly - 4
- Tamarind - small piece
- Salt to taste
- Water to grind
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Split urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Clean, roast and peel the skin of peanuts.
- Keep ready the ingredients required for seasoning the chutney.
- In a blender add red chillies, peanut, salt and tamarind.
- Add enough water and grind to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a small frypan.
- Add cumin, mustard, hing, split urad dal and curry leaves.
- Wait to splutter.
- Turn off flame.
- Add to peanut chutney and mix.
- Delicious and healthy Peanut chutney is ready.
- It makes an irresistable combo with idly & dosa.
- Also it serves as an excellent dip for sandwiches, toasts, Indian breads etc.