KARUVADU FRY / DRY FISH FRY - EASY VIDEO RECIPE
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Karuvadu Fry / Dry Fish Fry:Hello friends, today's recipe is an authentic delicious South Indian recipe for Non-veg lovers ..more particularly sea food lovers. Dry fishes are always our family favorite as its not only quick to prepare but also can be easily made at home. This is my mil's signature recipe and tastes very very mouthwateringly delicious. It makes lipsmacking combo with hot onion sambar rice & rasam rice. Try this tasty & spicy recipe ... I am sure you're going to love my recipe..:)
- Dry fish / Karuvadu slices - 8 to 10
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
- Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
- Onion sliced - 1/4 cup
- Tomato mashed - 1 cup
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and soak the dry fish in water for 2 mins.
- Again wash thoroughly and drain the water completely.
- In a bowl, add the dry fish, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and little salt. (take care the dry fish already has salt in it)
- Mix and add finely sliced onions, curry leaves and mashed tomato.
- Add 2 tsp of oil.
- Mix well.
- Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in kadai / frypan.
- Add the marinated dryfish.
- Shallow fry in medium flame.
- Once the fish turns golden brown, flip it to other side.
- Fry until the fish is cook is cooked completely to crisp and golden.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- That's it...lipsmacking delicious karuvadu / dry fish fry is ready.
- It combines excellent with rice dishes.
- we love to enjoy hot with onion sambar rice..:)