CURRY LEAVES CHUTNEY / KARUVEPILAI CHUTNEY / EASY VIDEO RECIPE / CHUTNEY RECIPES
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Curry Leaves Chutney:Here comes the chutney recipe that is packed with goodness of curry leaves along with coconut and flavorful spices. This is my mom's signature recipe and tastes amazingly delicious. It makes a perfect as well as healthy combo with idly, dosa, upma, pongal, curd rice, etc,. Try this simple & easy video recipe...it tastes soo good that if you prepare it once then it will be your family favorite chutney.
- Curry leaves - handful
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1&1/2 tbsp
- Red chilly - 4 to 5
- Tamarind - small piece
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the curry leaves.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in fry pan.
- Add urad dal, red chilly, tamarind and ginger.
- Roast for 2 minutes or until urad dal turns golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add curry leaves and toss for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Turn off flame and allow the ingredients to cool.
- Meanwhile grate coconut to small pieces.
- Add grated coconut, red chilly, tamarind, ginger to blender.
- Grind to coarse mixture.
- Add salt, urad dal and curry leaves to the blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and grind to coarse paste.
- Add hing / asafetida (perungayam) and mix.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Flavorful healthy delicious Curry leaves chutney is ready.
- Combines excellent with idly, dosa, chapati, curd rice, etc.