Spicy Mutton Biryani / Video Recipe
Spicy Mutton Biryani: Here comes the quick special one pot meal biryani recipe that is not at all complicated and can be prepared at home in simple steps. This is a fail proof recipe and a quick way to make authentic mutton biryani. Try this flavorful recipe and enjoy the applause from your loved ones.
Video Recipe: Like us on Youtube for more Video RecipesIngredients:
· Mutton - ½ kg
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
· Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
To make Biryani:
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Bay leaf - 2
· Cinnamon - 2
· Cloves - 3 to 4
· Elaichi - 1
· Star anise - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Sliced onions - 2 cups
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Chopped mint & coriander leaves - 1 cup
· Tomatoes - 2
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Biryani masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Yoghurt - ½ cup
· Fresh lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop mutton pieces to bite sized pieces.
2. Drain the water.
3. Marinate with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, yoghurt and salt.
4. Mix well and allow to marinate for an hour.
5. Meanwhile chop onions, tomato, fresh mint and coriander leaves.
6. Slice green chilly and keep ready.
7. Add the marinated mutton pieces to cooker.
8. Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
9. Turn off flame.
10. Drain the water and set aside the mutton pieces.
11. Reserve the drained water and cooking biryani.
12. Wash and soak basmati for 5 mins.
13. Drain water and keep ready.
14. Heat oil and ghee in a pressure pan.
15. Add cumin, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, elaichi, star anise and saunf.
16. Wait to splutter.
17. Add sliced onions and saute till golden.
18. Add ½ tsp salt to enhance the frying of onions to golden.
19. Once the onions are light brown, add ginger garlic paste.
20. Saute till the raw smell disappears.
21. Add finely chopped mint and coriander leaves.
22. Stir well.
23. Add chopped tomatoes.
24. Cook till oil separates.
25. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, garam masala pwd, salt and biryani masala pwd.
26. Mix well.
27. Add yoghurt and combine.
28. Add the cooked mutton pieces.
29. Combine and give a good stir.
30. Now add the basmati rice and mix gently.
31. Add the drained water from cooking mutton. For 2 cups of rice …3 ½ cups of water to be added. So the total water from drained mutton cooking water plus plain water added should be 3 ½ cups.
32. Mix well.
33. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
34. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
35. Mix well.
36. Close the pressure cooker lid.
37. Pressure cook for 1 whistle in high flame.
38. Turn the flame to low and cook for 5 mins.
39. Remove from flame.
40. Once the pressure goes off, open the lid and fluff gently.
41. Aromatic delicious and spicy mutton biryani is ready.