Chilly Idly Recipe / Kaima Idly / How to make Chilly Idly?Chilly Idly Dry: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Here goes the ultimate south Indian based recipe blended with Chinese gravy making it a scrumptiously tasty dish. Chilly Idly can be preparedwith left over Idlies also. It pairs up excellent with onion or cucumber raitha. This easy and healthy snack makes it a perfect dinner menu and kids would love it. Check the Indo-Chinese fusion dish at your home and enjoy the smiles of your family.
· Idly - 5 to 6
· Onion - 1
· Capsicum - ½
· Garlic - 4 pods
· Green chilly -1
· Spring onions sliced - ¼ cup
· Coriander sliced - ¼ cup
· Oil - to fry
· Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
· Red chilly sauce - 1 tbsp
· Garam masala pwd- ½ tsp
· Vinegar - 1 tsp
· Soya sauce - ½ tsp
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Prepare soft n spongy idlies and keep ready. Click here to view the easy stepwise preparation to prepare idly at home.
2. Cube them to slices.
3. Slice onions and capsicum to cubes.
4. Chop garlic to fine flakes.
5. Slice green chilly lengthwise.
6. Chop finely spring onions and coriander leaves.
7. Set all the ingredients ready.
8. Heat oil in a small frypan.
9. Add the idly slices and deep fry in hot oil. ( its optional you can also shallow fry the idly pieces or just drizzle oil in hot dosa pan and saute the idly pieces to golden brown)
10. Once it reaches crispy on edges, strain and keep it in kitchen tissue for the excess oil to drain.
11. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frypan.
12. Add the sliced onions, garlic and green chilly.
13. Once the onion turns golden brown, add the capsicum and saute for a minute.
14. Now add the tomato ketchup, red chilly sauce, garam masala pwd, vinegar, soya sauce, salt and mix.
15. Add little water to bring it to saucy consistency.
16. Add the fried idly slices and toss in high flame for a minute.
17. Turn off flame.
18. Add chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
19. Irresistibly tasty chilly idly is ready.
20. Serve hot with onion or cucumber raitha.