Bread Bajji Recipe / Bread Pakora / Easy Tea-Time Snacks
Crispy Bread Bajji: Bread Bajji is one of the special street food and favorite snack recipe of India. It is very delicious and quick to prepare evening tea-time snack. I have tasted this yummy snack at my Mil’s place and couldn’t wait to try it out. It came out irresistibly tasty and made an awesome combo with piping hot cup of tea.
· Bread slices - 5 to 6
· Gram flour - ½ cup
· Wheat flour - ¼ cup
· Rice flour - 2 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ¼ tsp
· Chat masala pwd - ¼ tsp
· Baking pwd - a pinch
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fry
1. Trim the edges of the bread and cut into equal halves.
2. In a mixing bowl, add gram flour, wheat flour, rice flour, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, garam masala pwd, chat masala pwd, baking soda and salt.
3. Add water and make it to a thick batter.
4. Heat oil in a frypan.
5. Now dip the bread pieces in the batter and drop carefully in the hot oil.
6. Deep fry them until it turns golden brown and crisp on both sides.
7. Drain on kitchen tissue.
It tastes irresistable with spicy crispy outside and soft inside.
Transfer to serving plate.
8. Serve hot with mint chuney, tomato ketchup or any dip of your choice.