Masala Puri Chat / Masala Puri Recipe / Healthy Chat recipesMasala Puri: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
To make gravy:
· Peas - ½ cup
· Potato -1 big
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Sliced onions - 1 cup
· Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
· Tomatoes sliced -1 cup
· Green chilly -1
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Coriander pwd -1 tsp
· Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
· Amchur pwd - ¼ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leavesTo make puri masala:
· Sliced onion tomato coriander leaves -1/2 cup
· Sev -2 tbsp
· Karaboondhi -2 tbsp
· Chat masala pwd - ¼ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ¼ tsp
· Finely sliced coriander leaves
Method:To prepare gravy:
1. Wash and soak the peas overnight or for 6 to 7 hours.
2. Drain the water.
3. Pressure cook till it is soft by adding enough water.
4. Pressure cook potatoes also until tender.
5. Peel off the skin, mash the potato and keep aside.
6. Heat oil in a frypan.
7. Add sliced onions and saute until transculent.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and saute further.
9. Add tomatoes, salt and cook till soft.
10. Add green chilly and chopped coriander leaves.
11. Turn off flame.
12. Allow to cool.
13. Add it to blender and grind to smooth paste.
14. Add the paste to the same pan and add mashed potatoes.
15. Stir well.
16. Add all the spice pwds one by one red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, pepper pwd and amchur pwd.
17. Mix well and allow to cook.
18. Add cooked peas too and mix well.
19. Once gravy attains thick texture, sprinkle garam masala pwd and turn off the flame.
20. Yummy masala is ready.
Lets see how to arrange the puri masala.
22. Pour the masala in the serving bowl.
23. Take the crispy puris and make a small opening at the top.
24. Stuff it with finely sliced onions, tomato and coriander leaves.
25. Now arrange 4 or 5 puris over the spicy masala in the serving bowl.
26. Sprinkle some sev and karaboondhi over it.
27. Finally sprinkle chat masala pwd, cumin pwd and chilly pwd.
28. That’s it …flavorful yummy Masala puri is ready.
29. Serve immediately with coriander leaves garnishing.
30. It tastes lipsmacking good with the crunchiness of puri in delicious masala gravy.