SCHEZWAN SAUCE RECIPE / HOMEMADE SCHEZWAN SAUCE RECIPE / STEP BY STEP
Schezwan Sauce: For more Video recipes
Schezwan Sauce is an exotic spicy sauce from the Indo-Chinese cuisine. It plays a vital role to prepare recipes like schezwan fried rice, noodles, schezwan chicken, paneer, potato etc. Also it makes a dipping sauce to go with spring rolls, wantons, dim sums. Its very flavorful and tastes fiery hot and spicy. This sauce can be prepared easy at home. The main ingredients added are..red chilly, garlic and onions. Try this schezwan sauce recipe, you’ll love it.
· Red chilly - 6 t0 7
· Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
· Onion sliced - ½ cup
· Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
· Fresh coriander leaves - a few
· Soy sauce - 1 tsp
· Vinegar - 1 tsp
· Sugar - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak red chillies in 1 cup of hot water.
2. Allow to soak for an hour.
3. Drain the water and add the red chillies to blender.
4. Add ¼ cup of water and blend it to smooth paste.
5. Add 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup and blend for few more seconds.
6. Set it aside.
7. Heat oil in a fry pan.
8. Add sliced onion and fry till transculent.
9. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
10. Add fresh coriander leaves and combine.
11. Add salt and mix.
12. Add 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
13. Mix and cook till oil separates.
14. Add the freshly ground red chilly paste.
15. Combine and allow to cook till the sauce thickens.
16. Add soya sauce, vinegar and saute.
17. Turn off flame and add sugar.
18. Combine and transfer to bowl.
19. Spicy hot homemade Schezwan Sauce is ready.
20. Store it in an air-tight jar in refrigerator for longer shelf life.
21. We prepared Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice with Schezwan sauce and it tasted lipsmacking good.
Check out here for the recipe of schezwan chicken fried rice..!