Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice / Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe / Schezwan Recipes
Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Here I am today with the super popular & most loved dish of Indo-Chinese cuisine, Schezwan Chicken Fried Rice. It is very easy to make and its absolutely hot, spicy & irresistible. You can adjust the spice level according to your tastebuds by reducing the red chilly and addition of schezwan sauce. In this recipe the cooked basmati rice is tossed with red hot schezwan sauce and veggies & chicken. It is simply delicious with a..
delectable blend of spicy flavors that are sure to tease your palate..:)
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Boneless chicken -300 g
· Carrot, French beans chopped - ½ cup
· Spring onions chopped - ½ cup
· Egg - 1
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Grated ginger garlic - 2 tsp
· Red chilly -2
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Schezwan sauce - 1 tbsp
· Soya sauce - 1 tsp
· Tomato ketchup -1 tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and cook the basmati rice by adding little salt.
2. Drain the excess water and set the rice aside.
3. Slice the boneless chicken to small pieces.
4. Also finely chop the veggies carrot, French beans, spring onions and keep ready.
5. Beat egg with salt and pepper pwd in a small bowl.
6. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
7. Add the beaten egg and scramble in medium flame.
8. Keep the scrambled egg aside.
9. Add 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan.
10. Add finely grated ginger and garlic.
11. Saute for few seconds.
12. Add red chillies and white portion of spring onions.
13. Toss good.
14. Add sliced chicken pieces, salt and give a stir.
15. Sprinkle water and cook the chicken covered.
16. Once the chicken is done, add the veggies with a pinch of sugar.
17. Cook the veggies in medium flame with constant stirring.
18. Take care the veggies should retain their crunchiness and not cooked completely.
19. Its time to add schezwan sauce ( click here to view the homemade schezwan sauce recipe) soya sauce and tomato ketchup.
20. Mix well with the veggies and cook for 2 mins.
21. Now add the scrambled egg and mix.
22. Add the cooked basmati rice and fluff gently.
23. Season with pepper and salt (if required)
24. Keep the flame in high and toss the rice for 2 mins.
25. Turn off flame.
26. Sprinkle finely chopped green onions.
27. Sooper hot and spicy Schezwan chicken fried rice is ready.
28. Serve hot with any gravy or manchurian.