CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Chicken Tikka Masala: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Are you looking for a different chicken recipe for a special party or weekend dinner? Here goes the easy Chicken Tikka Masala recipe - the ultimate spicy comfort food. The mouth-watering gravy is truly irresistible with creamy texture. The vibrant orange color of this dish is absolutely appetizing. In this recipe, the chicken is marinated in yoghurt and spices and then cooked in..a tomato cream sauce. Try this classic chicken dish at home with this tasty recipe..!
· Boneless chicken - ½ kg
· Yoghurt - 3 tbsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Kashmiri red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt as needed
· Butter / Oil - 2 tbsp
· Grated ginger garlic - 2 tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Onions chopped - 1 cup
· Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
· Mashed tomato - 2 cups
· Fresh cream - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Dried methi leaves - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
To make Chicken Tikka:
1. Wash and cube chicken to bite-sized pieces.
2. Prepare a marinade with yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric pwd, kashmiri red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, pepper pwd, lemon juice and garam masala pwd.
3. Stir in chicken and coat with the masala.
4. Allow to marinate for 1 - 2 hours in refrigerator.
5. Pre-heat a grill in high heat.
6. Grease the grill with oil.
7. Thread chicken onto greased skewers and rub them with oil / butter. It helps to keep the chicken moist while grilling.
8. Grill until the chicken is golden brown with slight burnt marks.
9. Remove and keep warm.
10.Chicken Tikka is ready.
1. Lets see how to make Tikka Masala.
2. Heat butter & oil in a frypan.
3. Saute grated garlic and ginger over medium heat.
4. Add cumin seeds , red chilly and wait to splutter.
5. Add chopped onion and saute till transculent.
6. Stir in tomato sauce, mashed tomato and fresh cream.
7. Toss for a minute.
8. Add red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
9. Add ½ cup of water and allow to cook.
10. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens.
11. Add grilled chicken and simmer for 5 mins.
12. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
13. Sprinkle garam masala pwd and dried methi leaves.
14. Turn off flame.
15. Chicken Tikka Masala with bursting flavors is ready.
16. Transfer to a serving bowl.
17. Garnish with grated ginger, freshly chopped coriander leaves and fresh cream.
18. It pairs up best with biryani, fried rice, roti, naan, paratha, etc.
We enjoyed with stuffed Kheema Paratha.