Coconut Milk Rice Recipe / Variety Rice Recipes / Lunch Box Recipes
Coconut Milk Rice: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Looking for a wonderful, aromatic variety rice recipe from the usual rice dishes? Check out this simple and yummy Coconut Milk Rice dish that can be enjoyed with any spicy curry or raitha. It tastes absolutely flavorful and lipsmacking good as the basmati rice is cooked with..rich coconut milk and mild spices.
· Basmati Rice - 1 ½ cups
· Thick coconut milk - ¾ cup
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cinnamon - 1 stick
· Cumin -1 tsp
· Bay leaf - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Clove - 2
· Javvitri -1
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste -1 ½ tsp
· Green chilly - 2
· Green peas - ½ cup
· Mint leaves - handful
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 10 mins.
2. Drain water and set it aside.
3. Grate coconut to small pieces.
4. Add it to blender. Add 1 cup of water and grind it to smooth paste.
5. Pour the paste over a strainer and take thick coconut milk from it.
6. Keep it ready.
7. Heat oil in a fry pan.
8. Add cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, saunf, cumin and javvitri.
9. Saute for a minute.
10.Add finely sliced onions and toss it golden.
11. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
12. Now add sliced green chilly, salt and green peas.
13. Combine well.
14.Add the basmati rice and saute for a minute.
15. Now add ¾ cup of coconut milk, 1 ¼ cup of water and mix well.
16.When it starts to boil, add fresh mint leaves and close the pan.
17. Cook till its done. ( I pressure cooked for 1 whistle and in simmer for 5 mins)
18.Once the pressure goes off, fluff it gently.
19.Flavorful Coconut Milk Rice is ready.
20. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and cashewnuts fried in ghee.
21. Enjoy hot with raitha or any spicy gravy.