Chicken Chinthamani / Andhra Chicken Curry / Chicken Dry Recipes
Chicken Chinthamani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today’s dish is extremely spicy & extremely addictive Chicken Chinthamani. It is one of the very hot chicken dish. Its so easy to prepare at home with existing ingredients. In this spicy dish, the marinated chicken is cooked with red chillies. You can alter the amount of red chilly as it suits your taste buds. Check out this must try..starter recipe and relish the traditional taste.
· Chicken boneless - ½ kg
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Dry red chilly - 15 to 20
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves -1 twig
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and chop the chicken to bite sized pieces.
2. Prepare a marinade with lemon juice, salt, turmeric pwd and ginger garlic paste.
3. Mix well and add chicken pieces.
4. Coat the chicken pieces with masala and let it rest for 30 mins.
5. Now cut the dry red chillies to small bits.
6. Heat oil in a frypan.
7. Add saunf / fennel, cumin and wait to splutter.
8. Add finely sliced onions and fry till it turns golden brown.
9. Add chopped dry red chillies, curry leaves and saute for a minute.
10. Drop the marinated chicken pieces and stir well in high flame.
11. Now turn the heat to low flame and cook the chicken covered for 30 mins.
12. No need to add water for this recipe. Take care to stir once in a while, so that the chicken doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. The moisture from the chicken is enough for the chicken to get cooked. If needed sprinkle few drops of water.
13. Cook until the chicken is cooked and gets a appetizing red colour.
14. Turn off flame.
15. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
16. Spicy hot Chicken Chinthamani is ready!
17. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, grated coconut and bell pepper slices.
18. We enjoyed hot with biryani & cucumber raita. Also it pairs up best with parotta, chapatti, paratha, roti, etc.