Achari Paneer / Spicy Achari Paneer Recipe / Easy Paneer Recipes
Achari Paneer: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Achari Paneer or Pickled Paneer is a very famous recipe of North Indian Cuisine. Last week we tasted Tandoori Roti and Achari Paneer in a Punjabi restaurant. The combo is absolutely lipsmacking that I couldn’t stop trying myself at home. The gravy has a very spicy and tangy flavor with tantalizing paneer in it. Try this exotic restaurant style recipe and let me know how it turned..out for you..!
· Paneer cubes - 1 cup
· Yoghurt - ¼ cup
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Mango pickle - 2 tsp
· Salt - ½ tsp
To Prepare Masala:
· Tomato - 2
· Fenugreek - 1 tsp
· Fennel / saunf - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
· Red chilly - 2
· Mustard - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Onion - 2
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd -1 tsp
· Mango pickle masala pwd - 2 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and slice paneer to fine cubes.
2. In a small bowl, add yoghurt.
3. To it add ½ tsp salt, sugar, turmeric pwd and mango pickle.
4. Mix well.
5. Now add the cubed paneer and combine gently so that the paneer is coated completely.
6. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
7. Slice tomato and keep ready.
8. Heat a fry pan.
9. In that add fenugreek pwd, fennel pwd, coriander pwd, red chilly, mustard, cumin, split urad dal and saute for a minute in low heat.
10. Add all the above spice pwd to blender along with tomato and grind it to coarse paste by adding very less water.
11. Now heat oil in a fry pan.
12. Add onions and saute until the onions are golden.
13. Add turmeric pwd, ginger garlic paste, cumin pwd, salt and cook for a minute in medium flame.
14. Add the ground paste (from step 10)
15. Mix well.
16. Add garam masala pwd and allow the mixture to cook for 2 mins.
17. Add 1 cup of water and continue cooking.
18. Now add pickle masala ( I used mango pickle masala,which I got from Indian grocery store. In case you cant get pickle masala, add paprika pwd & pepper pwd)
19. Now add the marinated paneer.
20. Mix well.
21. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 mins.(do not cook for more time after adding paneer, otherwise paneer turns hard)
22. Once the masala thickens, turn off the flame.
23. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
24. Hot and spicy Achari Paneer is ready.
25. Enjoy it with phulka, roti, paratha, chapati or even with fried rice.