Pav Bhaji / Mumbai Pav Bhaji Recipe / How to make Pav Bhaji at home?
Pav Bhaji Masala: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Pav bhaji is is an irresistable fast food dish & one of the famous street food savored in India. Pav is bun and bhaji is mashed mixed vegetable curry prepared with pav bhaji masala. It is easy to make at home. The masala is prepared by adding a combination of..flavorful spice masalas mixed with onion tomato based gravy. I used Eastern Pav Bhaji masala pwd and it gave the best seasoning for this dish.
You might also like:
· Gobi, carrot, aloo, capsicum slices - 2 cups
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Tomato - 2
· Pav bhaji masala pwd - 2 tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Butter - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and slice gobi, carrot, aloo and capsicum to fine slices.
2. Pressure cook by adding ¼ cup water till soft.
3. Mash and keep aside. Keep the Pav bhaji masala ready.
4. Heat oil in a frypan.
5. Add cumin and wait to splutter.
6. Add turmeric pwd and stir.
7. Add onion slices and saute till transculent.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and toss until the raw smell disappears.
9. Now add red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd and salt.
10. Mix well so that the masalas are incorporated together.
11. Add mashed tomatoes and combine.
12. Cook for 2 mins or until oil separates out of the masala.
13. Now add ½ cup of water and allow to boil.
14. Once the masala thickens add sliced capsicum. ( this adds unique flavor to the bhaji masala)
15. Add the cooked and mashed veggies.
16. Mix well.
17. Add pav bhaji masala pwd and stir.
18. Allow to cook in low flame for 4 to 5 mins covered.
19. Open the lid, squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
20. Turn off flame.
21. Add a dollop of butter.
22. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
23. Hot n spicy Pav bhaji masala is ready.
24. Toast pavs in butter / ghee or in oil. That's it...!
25. Enjoy restaurant style garma garam Pav Bhaji Masala..!