Chilly Soya Nuggets Recipe / Hot and Spicy Chilly Soya Chunks / Indo Chinese Recipes
Chilly Soya Nuggets: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today I’m here with a delightful recipe Chilly Soya chunks. It’s a desi take on Chinese cooking and tastes lipsmacking good starter. We know soya chunks are rich in protein and are a great alternative to meat for the vegetarians. This simple recipe is prepared with soya chunks cooked with..capsicum and different sauces. It goes yumm with fried rice and any Indian breads.
You might also like:
· Soya chunks - 2 cups
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Green chilly - 1
· Onion cubed - 1 ½ cup
· Capsicum cubed - 1 cup
· Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
· Hot chilly sauce - 1 tbsp
· Tomato ketchup - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Corn flour -1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the soya chunks overnight.
2. Squeeze out the water and add warm water into it.
3. Allow to rest for 5 mins and squeeze out the water.
4. Repeat the washing and squeezing process for 3 to 4 times.
5. Drain the water completely and set aside. Slice onion and capsicum to fine cubes.
6. Heat oil in a frypan.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
8. Add red chilly, green chilly and toss.
9. Add finely cubed onions and give a good stir until it turns transculent.
10. Add salt and combine.
11. Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
12. Slice soya chunks to two and add it to the pan.
13. Give a good stir & add capsicum.
14. Add soya sauce, hot chilly sauce and tomato ketchup.
15. Mix well.
16. Cook covered for 15 mins. (sprinkle very less water if required else the moisture in the soya chunks is enough to get cooked)
17. Once the chunks are done, make a mix of 1tbsp of corn flour in 1/2 cup of water and add to the pan.
18. Mix well and cook covered for another 5 to 7 mins.
19. Once the gravy is thick turn off the flame. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
20. Hot n spicy Chilly Soya is ready.
21. Serve hot with finely sliced fresh coriander leaves.
22. It pairs up best with fried rice, chapatti or any Indian breads.