Chicken Sukka / Spicy Chettinad Chicken Sukka Recipe
Chicken Sukka / Spicy Kozhi Milagu Curry: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Here I am today bringing you an authentic chettinad chicken sukka ( chukka) varuval recipe. It’s a spicy dry chicken in a thick gravy. My hubby is an ardent fan of chettinad dishes and this is his favorite dish along with..
soft phulka & dosa. This recipe is not only quick but can be made easily at home.
You might also like:
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
· Cloves - 3
· Cinnamon - 1 stick
· Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
· Tomato chopped -1 cup
· Peppercorns - 1 ½ tsp
· Chopped onion - 1 ½ cups
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Fennel (sombu)- ½ tsp
· Curry leaves -6 to 8
· Garlic chopped - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd- ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Fresh lemon juice - few drops
· Coriander leaves - to garnish
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop chicken to bite sized pieces.
2. Take chicken in pressure cooker.
3. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, ginger garlic paste, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom pwd, salt, fresh coriander leaves,mint leaves and tomato.
4. Mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or until the chicken is done.
5. In a blender add peppercorns and chopped ½ cup of onion.
6. Add ¼ cup of water and grind it to fine paste.
7. Heat oil in a frypan.
8. Add mustard, cumin, fennel (saunf) seeds.
9. Add curry leaves and wait to splutter.
10. Add 1 cup of sliced onions and garlic.
11. Saute until the onions are golden.
12. Now add the cooked chicken with masala.
13. Add the onion paste and mix well.
14. Allow the masala to cook by stirring once in a while.
15. Once the masala thickens, add garam masala pwd and coriander pwd.
16. Mix well and turn off the flame.
17. Squeeze few drops of fresh lemon juice.
18. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Yummy Sukka Chicken ready.
19. Serve hot with biryani, chapati, roti, dosa or with fried rice.