Achari Chicken Recipe / Achari Murgh - Step by Step Recipe
Achari Murg / Achari Chicken: Like us on Youtube for more Video RecipesYou might also like:
Today’s special recipe is very popular North Indian Achari Chicken. Achar means pickle. Basically, this is a spicy and tangy chicken curry cooked with pickling spices. I have to say this dish is one of my favorites as it can be prepared in no time. I cook this regularly and it combines best with any roti or rice.
· Chicken boneless - ½ kg
· Corn flour - 2 tbsp
· Oil - to deep fry
· Onions - 2
· Ginger, garlic grated - 2 tbsp
· Capsicum cubed - 1 cup
· Tomato cubed - 1 cup
· Fresh coriander leaves - handful
· Spicy mango pickle - 1 to 2 tbsp
. Garam Masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and slice boneless chicken to bite sized pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, take the chicken.
3. To it add corn flour and ½ tsp salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Allow to marinate for 5 mins.
6. Heat oil in a frypan.
7. Deep fry the chicken pieces.
8. Once it is done, remove from oil.
9. Strain it in kitchen tissue and set aside.
10. Slice onions, ginger, garlic, capsicum, tomato and coriander leaves.
11. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in frypan.
12. Add garlic and saute for a minute.
13. Once it is browned add garlic, salt and onions.
14. Saute well.
15. Add fried chicken and mix well.
16. Add tomato and capsicum.
17. Saute further for a minute.
18. Now add hot n spicy mango pickle.
19. Mix well.
20. Check for salt and seasonings. If you like to have more spicy add ½ tsp of red chilly pwd.
21. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 mins. Sprinkle garam masala pwd. Mix well.
22. Turn off flame.
23. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
24. Mouthwatering Achari Chicken is ready.
25. It tastes lipsmacking with paratha, roti, chapati or any rice dishes.