Kerala Fish Curry / Spicy Fish Curry / Easy Fish Curry Recipes
Today’s recipe is an aromatic fish curry recipe that is quick to make - it’s easy, tempting and of course, spicy. I learnt this recipe from my sister-in-law, who is a master in cooking Kerala style dishes. This healthy fish curry is truly delicious. It makes a great..
Check my other Fish Curry recipes :
· Fish slices - ½ kg
· Tamarind - a small ball
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Kashmiri red chilly pwd - 2 tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 2 tsp
· Fenugreek pwd - ½ tsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Fenugreek seeds - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - handful
· Onion slices - ½ cup
· Garlic - 5
· Ginger grated - 1 tsp
· Mashed tomato - 1 cup
· Coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the fish slices.
2. Wash and soak tamarind in warm water.
3. Squeeze thick juice out of it.
4. In a mixing bowl, add turmeric pwd, kashmiri red chilly pwd, pepper pwd, coriander pwd, fenugreek pwd and salt.
5. Add ½ cup of water and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Add mustard seeds, cumin, fenugreek, curry leaves and wait to splutter.
8. Add onion slices, garlic and ginger.
9. Saute well until it turns golden.
10. Add mashed tomato and cook.
11. Once the oil squeezes out of the mixture, add the masala prepared in step 4.
12. Add 1 cup of water.
13. Combine and allow to cook in low medium flame for 5 mins.
14. Now add the thick tamarind juice extracted.
15. Bring it to a boil over medium heat.
16. Cover and cook until the gravy turns desired thickness.
17. Now add the fish pieces and mix well.
18. Cover and cook until the fish is done. ( approx. 3 to 4 mins. Take care not to cook fish for more time, else the fish will break)
19. Remove from heat and add more curry and coriander leaves.
20. Keep it covered, so that the flavors get well infused in the curry.
21. Serve with rice, roti or any main dish.