Hot n Spicy Fish Fry / Meen Varuval / Fish Fry Recipes
Today’s special recipe is very tasty & spicy Fish fry. I just love to eat seafood particularly fish fry in winter seasons. This is a recipe passed down from one of my best friend !! And its absolutely easy to prepare and delicious to taste. This fish fry makes.. a very tasty side dish to try on special occasions.
You might also like:
o Fish - 2 to 3 pieces ( Salmon or Sherry fish)
o Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
o Kashmiri red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
o Roasted cumin pwd - 1 tsp
o Fenugreek pwd - ½ tsp
o Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
o Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
o Lemon juice - 1 tsp
o Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
o Curry leaves - 6 to 8
o Coconut oil - 2 tsp
o Besan / gram flour - 1 tbsp
o Salt to taste
o Oil to shallow fry
(The recipe for this fish fry is bit spicy so adjust the amount of spices to suit your taste)
1. Clean and wash the fish thoroughly.
2. Make slits with sharp knife.
3. Prepare a marinade with turmeric pwd, Kashmiri red chilly pwd, salt, roasted cumin pwd, fenugreek pwd, coriander pwd, pepper pwd, lemon juice, garam masala pwd, curry leaves, coconut oil and besan flour.
4. Add very little water and mix it to paste.
5. Apply this marinade to fish thoroughly inside the slits.
6. Cover and leave it to marinate for 2 hours minimum.
7. Place a non-stick dosa pan (as the masala don’t stick to the bottom) or girdle and heat it on medium flame.
8. Grease it with oil.
9. Place the marinated fish on hot tava, and fry it for 3 to 4 minutes by drizzling oil to sides. ( else you can deep fry them too)
10. Turn it to other side gently and allow to cook.
11. Once it turns brown on both sides, remove from heat.
12. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice and garnish with mint springs.
13. Lipsmacking hot n spicy fish fry ready.
14. Serve hot.