Grilled Paneer Tikka / Paneer Tikka Recipe / Grilled Paneer Recipe
Grilled Paneer :Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
A fantastic starter and appetizer dish for the barbeque parties and dinner parties. It works out great for both indoor and outdoor grill. For this recipe, the Indian cottage cheese is very opt as it chars lightly with distinct smoky burned flavor instead of melting away like other cheeses.
The juicy chunks of marinated paneer grilled together with..luscious onion, tomato and capsicum makes a heavenly combo with spicy and tangy mint chutney.
You might also like:
· Paneer - 200 g
· Besan flour - 2 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Ajwain - ¼ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Yoghurt - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Tandoori masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Chat masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and slice paneer to fine cubes.
2. In a mixing bowl, add besan flour, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, ajwain, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, yoghurt, salt, tandoori masala pwd, garam masala pwd, ginger garlic paste and chat masala pwd.
3. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
4. Blend well.
5. Heat 2 to 3 tsp of oil and once it is hot pour over the mixture and mix.
6. Now add the paneer cubes and coat well with the masala.
7. Allow to marinate for 30 mins.
8. Meanwhile dice the veggies onion, tomato and capsicum to cubes.
9. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice over it and sprinkle salt, ¼ tsp turmeric pwd and ½ tsp red chilly pwd.
10. Give a good mix and set aside.
11. Soak the bamboo sticks in water for 20 mins to avoid burning of the sticks while grilling in the oven.
12. Now skewer the paneer, onion, tomato, capsicum alternatively in the sticks.
13. Brush it with oil.
14. Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 degree celcius.
15. Arrange the skewers in the baking tray.
16. Grill them for 15 to 18 mins.
17. Remove from oven, turn the skewers and brush them with oil.
18. Grill further for 2 to 3 mins.
19. Lipsmacking restaurant style grill paneer is ready.
20. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with onion slices and lemon wedges.
21. Enjoy hot by sprinkling chat masala over it.
22. It makes an excellent combo with mint chutney.
Don’t worry, if you do not have a grill, simply cook the tikkas on a greased tava by turning them once in a while for 10 to 12 mins. Once it is done, grill the paneer over direct flame for 2 mins.