Aloo Bhujia Recipe / Potato Sev Recipe / Easy Snacks Recipes
Aloo Bhujia: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
A tasty crunchy irresistible tea time snack to munch on cold and chill winter days. This popular snack can be prepared quickly at home and is always..a delish. It is made with potatoes, besan and spices.
You might also like:
· Mashed potato - 1 cup
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Kashmiri red chilly pwd - ½ to ¾ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Besan flour / gram flour - ½ to ¾ cup
· Butter - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fry
1. Take readymade mashed potato flakes in a bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of water and mix well.
3. Also you can use 1 boiled potato and mash them for this recipe.
4. Take the mashed potato in a mixing bowl.
5. Add besan flour and mix. To this add turmeric pwd, kashmiri red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, salt, sugar and combine.
6. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice.
7. Knead it to smooth soft dough.
8. Add butter and mix well.
9. Now the dough is ready.
10. Heat oil in a frypan.
11. Wash and clean the murukku /chakli mould and grease it with oil.
12. Stuff a handful of dough into the mould.
13. Press them over a greased perforated spoon. Drop it gently over hot oil.
14. Or you can press directly over the hot oil.
15. Fry them on a medium heat.
16. Flip them to other side till it turns golden brown on both sides.
17. Drain the bhujia in a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
18. Repeat the same for the remaining dough.
19. Flavorful and spicy Aloo Bhujia is ready.
20. It can be enjoyed as a evening snack with a hot cup of masala tea.