Tomato Dal / Tomato Pappu / Easy Dal Recipes
Tomato Dal : For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Today, I am here with South Indian style Tomato Dal recipe. It’s a hearty n healthy side dish along with hot rice or with rotis. Its prepared by cooking seasoned lentils with tomatoes. We love to have this flavorful dal with piping hot rice, ghee and...papad.
You might also like:
· Toor dal - 1 cup
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 4 to 5
· Hing - a pinch
· Red chilly - 1
· Green chilly - 1
· Garlic - 5
· Onion - 1
· Tomato -2
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and pressure cook toor dhal till soft.
2. Mash it and keep ready.
3. Heat oil in a frypan.
4. Add the seasonings one by one, mustard, cumin, split urad dal, hing and sliced green chilly.
5. Add garlic flakes and fry for a minute.
6. Add sliced onions and fry for another minute.
7. Mash tomatoes in a blender and add the tomato puree to the masala.
8. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt and coriander pwd.
9. Mix well.
10. Add 1 cup of water and allow to cook.
11. Once the masala is cooked, add the cooked dhal.
12. Combine well.
13. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
14. Simmer the dal until it reaches the desired thick consistency.
15. Heat 1 tsp of butter in a small frypan.
16. Add sliced tomato pieces and cook for a minute.
17. Pour this over the dal. It enhances the flavor and aroma of dal.
18. Sprinkle freshly chopped coriander leaves.
19. Yummy Tomato Dal is ready.
Serve hot with rice and ghee.