Ribbon Pakoda / Ola Pakoda / Diwali Snacks Recipes
Pepper flavored Ribbon Pakoda: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Yess!!! Its Diwali time and its time for lipsmacking sweet and savory delicacies..!!
Here is another tasty and crispy savory snack Ribbon Pakoda recipe. This snack has a prominent place in the to-do list of Diwali special snacks at almost all South Indian homes.
Ribbon pakoda got its name from its peculiar ribbon shape. This yummy snack is very simple and easy to prepare.
Try this quick & flavorful Ribbon Pakoda recipe and let me know your comments:)
Check out the Diwali Sweets & Savories recipes here.
· Rice flour - 2 cups
· Besan flour - ½ cup
· Roasted gram flour - ½ cup
· Pepper pwd - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Hing - a generous pinch
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Butter - 2 tbsp
· Oil to deep fry
· Salt to taste
1. Sieve besan flour well.
2. Add roasted gram /pottukadalai to blender and grind it to fine pwd.
3. Seive the roasted gram flour to ensure no lumps are there.
4. Take a mixing bowl and add both the besan and roasted gram flour to it.
5. Add rice flour and mix well.
6. Add pepper pwd, salt, hing, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd and mix well.
7. Add butter and mix everything well.
8. Add water in small quantity and knead it to smooth soft dough.
9. Heat oil in a wok / fry pan for deep frying.
10. Grease the Ribbon Pakoda press with oil. ( a long slit disc or plate as shown in the pic is needed for preparing Ribbon pakoda)
11. Fill the dough in the press.
The consistency of the dough should be smooth and free flowing.
12. Press directly in hot oil in circular motion.
13. Try not to overcrowd the oil.
14. Deep fry in medium flame until the ribbon pakoda turns golden brown and crisp on both sides.
15. Drain it in kitchen paper and repeat the same with the rest of the dough.
16. Crispy and spicy Ribbon Pakoda is ready to taste.
Aren't they really tempting? ;)
17. It makes a yummy combo with evening tea or with your lipsmacking diwali delicacies.
18. Allow to cool completely before storing in air tight container.
19. It has a good shelf life for 2 to 3 weeks.
Keep watching the space for more Diwali Special Recipes..:)
You might also like to check :