SPICY ROAST POTATOES / ALOO ROAST / URULAI ROAST RECIPE / STEP BY STEP
Spicy Urulai Roast: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Potatoes are a staple food all throughout India. In this post, I will share you a really simple way to literally spice up your regular old potatoes.
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare and serve the purpose of a spicy side dish. In this recipe the potato slices are tossed and roasted in aromatic Indian spices, till a crispy crust is formed and then its garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
I usually prepare this potato roast for lunch box and it compliments...curd rice or sambar rice very well.
This easy and tasty potato roast can be served as an accompaniment for rice dishes as well as with rotis.
So go ahead and do try this aromatic and spicy roasted potatoes recipe.
· Potatoes - 2
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 5 to7
· Hing - a pinch
· Red chilly - 1
· Onion - 1
· Tomato -1
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd -1 tsp
· Coriander pwd -1 ½ tsp
· Chopped coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and peel off the skin of potatoes.
2. Slice them into small pieces.
3. Chop onion, tomato and keep ready.
4. In a pan, heat oil.
5. Add the seasonings, mustard, cumin,split urad dal, curry leaves, hing and red chilly.
6. Wait to splutter.
7. Add sliced onions.
8. Saute till onion turn transculent.
9. Add tomato pieces and cook for a minute.
10. Now add the turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
11. Fry on a slow flame for few seconds.
12. Add ½ cup of water and allow to cook.
13. Once the masala attains thick gravy, add the chopped potato.
14. Stir fry well until the potatoes are well covered with the masala. (approx 2 mins)
15. Add 1 cup of water and cook covered in medium flame.
16. Once the potatoes are done, fry on a slow flame till potatoes get roasted.
17. Turn off flame.
18. Garnish with freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves.
19. Spicy Potato Roast is now ready to be served.
21. I served Aloo roast along with Curd rice /Bagalabath. Indeed it tasted heavenly for this hot summer season.
Clik here for : more tasty recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!