PANEER KATHI ROLLS / EASY PANEER RECIPES / STEP BY STEP
Paneer Kathi Rolls: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I am sharing a popular Mumbai street food, Paneer Kathi Roll or wraps. It is a spicy & tongue tickling roll filled with paneer mixture prepared in aromatic spices, green chutney and wrapped in hot soft Chapatis.
This dish is very healthy and tasty and it makes a lovely option for the lunch box, picnics or a evening snack.
Also these rolls are a healthier version of...frankies and make a complete meal by itself. You can prepare this with ease and it is a hit among kids and adults alike. The recipe I have adapted from here..!
Here goes the easy to follow recipe of Paneer Kathi rolls.
For making Rotis:
· Wheat flour - 1 cup
· Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Water to knead
For making Paneer Stuffing:
· Paneer - 200 g
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Onion - 1
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Tomatoes - 2
· Green chilly - 1
· Capsicum sliced - ½ cup
· Chopped spinach - 1 cup
· Salt to taste
To prepare wraps:
· Sliced onions - ½ cup
· Green chutney - 3 to 4 tbsp
· Chat masala - 2 tsp
1. To prepare Roti, add wheat flour to the mixing bowl.
2. Add salt, 2 tsp of oil and add water little by little and knead to smooth soft dough.
3. Apply oil over the surface of the dough and keep covered for 10 mins.
4. Now lets prepare the Paneer stuffing.
5. Wash and slice paneer to fine cubes.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Add cumin and wait to splutter.
8. Add sliced onion and fry till golden.
9. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
10. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, garam masala pwd, cumin pwd and salt.
11. Cook for 2 mins.
12. Add sliced tomatoes and green chilly slit lengthwise.
Cook covered until tomatoes becomes soft. Add capsicum and stir.Cook further for 2 mins.
13. Add finely chopped spinach and continue cooking for few more mins.
14. Add paneer cubes and mix well.
15. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
16. Delicious Paneer stuffing is ready.
Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves.
To prepare Kathi Rolls:
1. Divide the soft dough to equal sized balls.
2. Take one ball, dust it with flour and roll it to thin rotis.
3. Heat a griddle / dosa pan.
4. Add a tsp of oil and heat.
5. Place the roti on the griddle and cook until bubble appears.
6. Drizzle oil to the sides and cook until the roti turns lightly browned on both sides.
7. Take the rotis and place it in a plate.
8. Place the paneer mixture on one side.
9. Top it with sliced onions.
10. Drizzle green chutney and sprinkle chat masala pwd.
11. Roll it as shown in the pic.
12. Wrap it with silver foil.
13. Yummilicious, healthy Paneer Kathi rolls are ready.
14. Serve hot with any dipping of your choice.
Clik here for : more snacks recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!