MALABAR CHICKEN BIRYANI / CHICKEN DUM BIRYANI / HAPPY FATHERS DAY
Malabar Chicken Biryani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today is Father’s day..!!! It is a celebration honouring fathers and celebrating fatherhood. Wishing all wonderful Fathers a Very Special Day. I am dedicating this post to my Loving Dad..:)
What is a celebration without yummy food??? I am here with a most royal dish in South Indian cuisine, Malabar style Chicken Biryani. This delicious and..
spicy dum chicken biryani is very easy to prepare. It tastes fingerlicking good with traditional taste and is popular among Biryani lovers.
Also, it makes a classic festive dish at weddings, parties, get-togethers, eid, etc.,
To make masala:
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - 1tsp
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 3
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Tomato - 2
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Chopped mint, coriander leaves - 1 cup
· Yoghurt - 1 small cup
· Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
To prepare rice:
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Ghee / oil - 1 tbsp
· Hot water - 3 cups
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt - 1 tsp
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Onion slices - 1 cup
· Cashewnuts - 7 to 8
· Raisins - 8
To make Biryani:
· Ghee / oil - 2 to 3 tsp
· Pineapple essence - 1 tsp
· Food color - a pinch
To prepare chicken masala:
1. To make masala, heat oil in a pan.
2. Add cumin and wait to splutter.
3. Add sliced onion and saute for 2 mins.
4. Add green chilly, (we dont use red chilly pwd in this recipe, so add green chilly enough that suites your spice level) ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
5. Add tomato slices and cook covered.
6. Add coriander pwd, salt and turmeric pwd.
7. Add chicken pieces and garam masala pwd.
8. Mix well.
9. Now add chopped mint and coriander leaves.
10. Stir fry for 1 minute.
11. Now add yoghurt and lemon juice.
12. Combine well.
13. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked and tender. Take care not to add water. The moisture let out from the chicken is enough to get cooked along with the masala.
14. Once the chicken is cooked ( approx 5 to 7mins in medium flame and another 10 to 12 mins in low flame) and the masala is thickened, turn off flame.
15. The spicy, delicious Chicken Masala is ready.
For preparing Biryani rice:
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 5 mins.
2. Heat ghee / oil in a pan.
3. Add rice to it and saute for a minute in low flame. Take care not to break the rice.
4. Add hot water to it.
5. Add garam masala and a tsp of salt.
6. Mix well and cook the rice, until the grains are cooked and separate.
Take care the rice is not overcooked.
7. Now heat oil in a pan.
8. Add sliced onions and fry until they’re golden browned.
9. Add cashew nuts and saute until golden.
10. Next add raisins and roast well for few more seconds.
11. Keep it aside.
For preparing dum biryani:
1. Take a wide pan and heat 1tsp of ghee / oil to it.
2. Add chicken masala and spread well.
3. Add a layer of cooked basmati rice on top.
4. Sprinkle pineapple essence.
5. Repeat the same procedure of layering chicken masala, basmati rice until you finish your rice and masala.
6. Finally top it up with fried onion, cashew and raisins. Sprinkle coriander leaves.
7. Cover it up with a lid.
8. Keep in dum for 10 mins in low flame.
9. (Also you can do the entire process in a oven proof pan. Finally cover it with aluminium foil and bake at 350 degree celcius for 20 mins)
10. Now your delicious Malabar style Chicken Biryani is ready..!
11. Enjoy hot with any spicy curry and raitha of your choice.
Clik here for : more Biryani recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!