VEGETABLE BIRYANI / SPICY VEGETABLE BIRYANI RECIPE / EASY BIRYANI RECIPES
Veg Biryani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today’s post is Vegetable Biryani, which is a much loved dish by all. It’s a very tasty, healthy and delicious rice dish of Indian cuisine made with colorful assorted veggies, basmati rice, desi ghee, curd and endless spices.
This simple recipe is full of tempting flavors and is quick to make and cooks in a single pot. This is my favorite kind of recipe and comes handy to prepare on a...busy weeknight or lazy weekend.
Try out this easy vegetable biryani recipe at your home today and enjoy..!
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Bay leaf - 2
· Cinnamon - 2
· Cloves - 4
· Cardamom - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Marathi moggu - 1
· Onions - 2
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Mint & coriander leaves chopped - 1 cup
· Tomato - 2
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Saunf pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Yoghurt - 3 tbsp
· Veggies ( carrot, beans, peas, potato, cauliflower, etc) sliced - 1 big cup
· Biryani masala - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 5 to 10 mins.
2. Drain the water completely and set the rice aside.
3. Heat oil and ghee in a pressure pan.
4. Add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, saunf and Marathi moggu.
5. Wait to splutter.
6. Add the sliced onions, green chilly and saute till the onions turn light golden color.
7. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
8. Add the finely chopped mint and coriander leaves.
9. Add mashed tomato and cook till oil separates.
10. Add the red chilly pwd, saunf pwd, salt and garam masala pwd.
11. Mix well all the masalas.
12. Add yoghurt and combine.
13. Add all the chopped veggies and incorporate well in the masala.
15. Add 3 ½ cups of water and stir.
16. Add biryani masala ( this is available in all Indian stores) and lemon juice.
17. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
18. Close and pan and allow to cook for one whistle.
19. Now keep the flame in simmer for another 5 to 6 minutes.
20. Turn off the flame.
21. Once the pressure goes off, fluff gently to combine the rice, the spices and the vegetables in the pan.
22. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves, golden roasted cashews and onion slices.
23. Delicious, hot and spicy Vegetable biryani is ready.
24. Serve hot with onion raita, chips, pappad or any curry of your choice.