PEPPER GOBI FRY / CAULIFLOWER PEPPER FRY / EASY GOBI RECIPES / STEP BY STEP
Pepper Gobi Fry: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Pepper Gobi fry is an exotic dish from North India, which could be made in the thick gravy or dry form. This will be a best accompaniment for variety rice or with roti & parathas.
Recently, I tried this recipe and it turned out amazingly well and has become a favorite....at our home.
Go ahead and try out this delicious Cauliflower pepper fry.
· Gobi / cauliflower -1 ( cut into medium sized florets)
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Bay leaf - 1
· Red chilly - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Onion - 1
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
· Tomato - 2
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ to ¾ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ¾ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and slice gobi to fine florets.
2. Heat water to boiling in a sauce pan.
3. Add the florets along with little salt.
4. Cook covered with lid for 3 to 4 mins.
5. Turn off flame.
6. Drain the water and set aside the gobi. (the drained water is nutritious and can be used for cooking)
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Temper with cumin seeds, bay leaf, red chilly and saunf.
9. Add the onions and saute for a few minutes till it starts browning.
10. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 1minute.
11. Add the tomatoes and cook on closed lid till it turns soft.
12. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
13. Mix all the masalas with a little bit of water and allow to boil.
14. Cook on low medium heat till the masala attains thick gravy texture.
15. Now add the semi cooked gobi.
16. Mix well with the masala.
17. Cook for 2 more minutes.
18. Sprinkle garam masala pwd and coarse pepper pwd.
19. Stir gently and turn off flame. ( take care not to break the cauliflower pieces)
20. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
21. Now our Pepper Gobi is ready to be served.
23. It tasted absolute yummy with lemon rice.
If you’re looking for South Indian recipes, then do check
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!