MILAGU VADAI (ANJANEYAR VADAI) / PEPPER CORN FRITTERS / HANUMAN VADA / EASY SNACKS RECIPES
Milagu Vadai / Peppercorn fritters or Anjaneyar Vadai is a deep fried snack that is prepared as an offering to Lord Anjaneya.
Last month, for Hanuman Jayanthi we prepared this crispy, crunchy, yummy and peppery Vadais for prasadam. We used to make a malai ( necklace) with this snack and offer to God as Vadamalai during pooja.
Lets see how to prepare this crunchy thin diskettes, Anjaneyar Vadai..!
· Urad dal - 1 cup
· Pepper corns - 2 tsp
· Rice flour - 1 tbsp
· Hing - a generous pinch
· Salt to taste
· Oil to deep fry
1. Wash and soak urad dal for an hour.
2. Drain the water completely.
3. Add it to blender.
4. Add a tsp of pepper corns and salt.
5. Grind it to coarse batter by sprinkling few drops of water. ( the batter should not be a paste)
6. Transfer it to mixing bowl.
7. Add coarsely crushed pepper corns.
8. Add rice flour and hing. ( also you can add finely chopped curry leaves)
9. Add a tbsp of hot oil and pour on the batter.
10. Mix well.
The batter should be thick as shown in the pic to get crispy vadais.
11. Heat oil in a frypan.
12. Grease two plastic / ziplock sheets with oil.
13. Wet your hands with water and take small lemon sized balls and place it in the greased sheet.
14. Close it with another greased sheet.
15. Now press it gently with any cup as shown in the pic.
16. Mark a hole in the centre.
17. Now take it out and drop it in hot oil carefully.
18. Deep fry until it is crisp and light brown on both sides.
Repeat the same for the rest of the batter.
19. Once the vadais are done, drain them on paper towels.
20. If needed, you can cook the slightly browned vadais again till it turns nicely crisp.
21. Crispy, crunchy Milagu vadai is ready.
22. It makes a sooper hot n spicy snack along with piping hot cup of evening tea.
23. Store in clean, air tight containers to keep it crispy for longer time.
Try this easy recipe at your home and enjoy the peppery vadai..!
Clik here for : more snacks recipes
Share your love for my facebook page...just click on like button & share it..!