METHI DAL RECIPE / INDIAN METHI RECIPES / MENTHI KURA PAPPU / STEP BY STEP
Methi Dal: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I am here with a lipsmacking Methi Dal recipe. This flavorful n tasty dal is prepared with fresh methi leaves and toor dal cooked together with Indian spices.
This nutritious and protein packed dish makes a perfect summer time meal. I used toor dal in this recipe, you can also try this with masoor dal, which tastes equally good.
This dal tastes best with soft n fluffy chapattis, laccha paratha or rotis. Also you can serve it with plain steamed rice, pickle and papad too.
Try this yummy step by step photo recipe & enjoy your routine meal into a new healthier way..!!!
· Fresh fenugreek / methi leaves - 1 bunch
· Masoor dal or Toor dal - 1 cup
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1
· Hing - a pinch
· Green chilly - 1
· Onion sliced - ½ cup
· Grated garlic - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop methi leaves to fine slices.
2. Wash and soak toor dal for 20 mins.
3. Pressure cook till it is soft.
4. Mash and keep it ready.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Add the seasonings, mustard, cumin, split urad dal, hing, red chilly and wait to splutter.
7. Add chopped green chilly and onion slices.
8. Saute for a minute.
9. Add grated garlic and stir well.
10. Now add finely sliced methi leaves.
11. Add salt, turmeric pwd and red chilly pwd.
12. Combine well.
13. Add ½ cup of water and allow to cook for 4 to 5 mins.
14. Simmer the flame.
15. Now add mashed dal.
16. Combine well.
17. Give it a good boil for another few mins.
18. Turn off flame.
19. Your mouthwatering Methi dal is ready..:)
20. Methi dal pairs up excellent with rotis, parathas or even with steaming hot white rice..!
20. We enjoyed it with soft n fluffy chapatis..!!!
Clik here for : more veg recipes
For regular updates / Like :