METHI MATAR MALAI RECIPE / METHI RECIPES / STEP BY STEP
Methi Matar Malai:
Today’s recipe of Methi Matar Malai is a Punjabi north Indian dish. It is a delightful combination of fresh Methi leaves and green peas. Its very simple to prepare and nutritious.
This dish has a creamy texture and is very aromatic. It is prepared with a nice blend of Methi and matar in a creamy sauce.
Here goes the easy recipe of ever popular Methi Matar Malai specially for you…:)
· Peas - 1 cup
· Methi leaves - 1 bunch
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 2
· Turmeric pwd -1/4 tsp
· Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
· Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
· Warm milk - ¼ cup
· Sugar - ½ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Fresh coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak dry peas overnight or minimum 4 to 6 hrs.
2. Pressure cook for just one whistle and keep the peas ready.
3. Wash and chop methi leaves to fine pieces.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Add cumin leaves and wait to splutter.
6. Add onion and saute till transculent.
7. Add sliced green chilly, turmeric pwd, ginger garlic paste and stir well for a minute.
8. Now add coriander pwd, cumin pwd and saute for few more minutes.
9. Add tomato ketchup and red chilly pwd.
10. Give a good stir and cook for another 2 mins.
11. Now add the chopped methi leaves..
12. Saute well.
13. Sprinkle salt and cook covered in medium flame.
14. Cook for another five minutes.
15. Add the cooked green peas and mix thoroughly.
16. Let it cook for few more mins.
17. Add fresh cream and mix well.
18. You can adjust the thickness of the curry by adding little warm milk.
19. Add ½ tsp of sugar (optional) and mix.
20. Sprinkle garam masala pwd.
21. Add few drops of lemon juice and turn off flame.
22. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
23. Yummilicious Methi Matar Malai is ready.
Clik here for : more dinner recipes
For more Video recipes Subscribe here