VEGETABLE BONDA / STEP BY STEP RECIPE / EASY SNACKS RECIPES
Vegetable Bonda Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today’s recipe, Spicy Vegetable Bondas are very addictive and hot favorite snack of South India.
It is one of the quick and easy to make at home snack. It is prepared with potatoes and mixed vegetables and then dipped in a spicy batter and deep fried in oil.
Try this simple, comforting snack and delight your family and kids..:)
For inner stuffing:
· Potato - 2
· Carrot - 2
· Beans - 100 g
· Raddish - 1
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Sliced cashew - 1 tbsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Bread crumbs - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
For Outer Covering:
· Bajji bonda mix - 150 g
· Besan flour - 1 cup
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Hing - a generous pinch
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Cooking soda - a pinch
· Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying bondas
How to make Inner Stuffing:
1. Wash and cook potatoes till tender.
2. Peel off the skin and mash it well.
3. Keep it aside.
4. Wash and finely chop carrot, beans, raddish, coriander leaves. ( also you can add peas and any other veg as you choose)
5. Add the chopped veg to cooker, add little water and pressure cook for one whistle or till the veg are done.
6. Strain the water from the cooked vegetables and keep aside. ( the strained water can be used in preparing veg soup or any other cooking)
7. Heat oil in a frypan.
8. Add cumin seeds, sliced cashewnuts.
9. Saute for a minute.
10. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few more seconds.
11. Keep the flame in low and add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd , salt, coriander pwd and chopped coriander leaves.
12. Give a quick stir and allow the spices to cook.
13. Now add the cooked vegetables and stir well.
14. Once the moisture is absorbed and the masala is thick, add few drops of lemon juice and turn off the flame.
15. Add this veg mixture to the mashed potato and combine.
16. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
17. Add 2 tbsp of bread crumbs and mix well.
18. Now the inner stuffing is ready.
To make Outer covering:
1. Take bajji bonda mix powder in a pan.
2. If you don’t have bajji bonda mix, take besan flour in a mixing bowl.
3. Add red chilly pwd, hing, turmeric pwd and cooking soda.
4. Add sufficient water and make a smooth batter out of it. ( take care the consistency of the batter shouldn’t be too thin or too thick)
5. The consistency of the batter should be in dropping consistency as shown in the picture below.
6. Now the outer covering batter is ready.
To make Vegetable bonda:
1. Heat oil in a frypan.
2. From the veg mixture prepared, make small balls.
3. Dip the balls in the batter.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the dipped balls gently.
5. Deep fry the bondas by turning flame to low medium.
6. Once it turns golden brown, drain it in kitchen tissue.
7. Repeat the same with the remaining balls.
8. Healthy and tasty vegetable bondas are ready.
9. Serve hot with coconut chutney, sauce or any dip of your choice.
Enjoy hot and spicy homemade Veg bonda..:)
Clik here for : more snacks recipes
Meet you in next post…until then,