Chettinad Kara Chutney / Chilly Garlic Chutney / Spicy Hot Chutney / Kara Chutney Recipe
Chettinad Kara Chutney: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Today’s recipe is Kara Chutney, a very popular dish from Chettinad cuisine. This is a fiery hot n spicy chutney, which bursts out with flavors.
This colorful chutney is very easy to prepare. The main ingredients are onion, red chilly, garlic and tamarind. It goes well with Idly and Dosa ( dosai ), pongal, rava dosa, pesarattu dosa and rava upma
Spice up your morning breakfast with this chettinad style kara chutney recipe.
( for those who don’t like very hot taste, reduce the red chilly as per your spice level)
· Onion - 2
· Red chilly - 4 to 5 ( you can alter the spice level as per your taste)
· Garlic - 3
· Tamarind - 1 inch piece
· Hing - a pinch
· Oil - 1 to 2 tsp
· Gingely oil - 2 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Peel and chop onions to slices.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan.
3. Add onions and fry for 2 to 3 mins in low medium flame.
4. Add garlic, tamarind, red chilly, hing and fry a little to cook.
5. Sprinkle salt and give a stir.
6. Once its done, turn off the flame.
7. Allow to cool down.
8. Add it to blender and grind it to fine paste by adding little water.
9. Transfer the chutney to serving bowl.
10. Add gingely oil and mix well.
11. Its optional, you can temper the chutney with seasonings ( heat 1 tsp oil in a small frypan, add mustard, cumin, urad dal and curry leaves and wait to splutter. Add it to chutney and mix)
12. That’s it…!! Sooper hot n spicy Chettinad Kara Chutney is ready.
13. We enjoyed it with tasty Pesarattu Dosai..:)
Clik here for : more chutney recipes