HOW TO SPROUT MOONG DAL ? / HOMEMADE SPROUTS RECIPE / MOONG DAL SALAD / STEP BY STEP RECIPE
Homemade Sprouts Recipe: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Hy Friends, In this post, I am gonna share how to sprout moong dal at home. It is absolutely easier and better than getting readymade sprouts and you do not need a sprout maker.
Moong beans sprout much faster as compared to other beans and are very healthy, nutritious and rich in protein, calcium, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. They are very easy to digest too.
These sprouts can be eaten raw as a very refreshing salad or can be cooked into various delicious recipes.
Here’s the easy method to make sprouts and all you need is a bowl, water and moongdal.
· Moong dal / pachai payaru - 2 cups
· Water - to soak.
1. Wash the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 times.
2. Take it in a wide bowl and add water.
3. Let it soak overnight.
4. Next day morning, drain off all the water completely in a strainer. ( you can use this nutritious water in cooking )
5. Add it to the wide bowl.
6. Cover the moongdal with a lid and place a heavy object over it. ( I placed my marble chapathi stone over it. )
7. Keep them in a warm, dark place in your kitchen.
8. Leave it undisturbed for 1 to 11/2 days.
9. After 1 day, you will see beautiful small sprouts.
10. That’s it…The sprouts will be ready. .!!
11. For longer sprouts, you can keep it for one more day.
12. The below pic are Moong after 1 day.
13. These healthy sprouts can be taken as it is or can be used to prepare your favorite recipes.
14. These sprouted moong remain fresh in fridge for 3 to 4 days and use as required.
15. Also you can sprout black chickpea, peas, kabuli chana dal, peanuts, garbanzo, Bengal gram etc.
To make Sprouted Moong dal Salad:
I prepared salad with this fresh and healthy moongdal sprouts. Here goes the simplest recipe to get a healthiest salad..:)
· Sprouted Moong dal - 1 cup
· Chopped onion - 2 tbsp
· Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tsp
· Chopped mango - 2 tsp
· Chopped carrot - 3 tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tsp
1. Take sprouted moong dal in a wide bowl.
2. Sprinkle finely chopped onion, coriander leaves, mango, carrot pieces and pepper pwd.
3. Season with salt and few drops of lemon juice and mix well.
4. Garnish with lemon slices and coriander leaves.
5. Serve Moong sprouts salad immediately.