Sundal Recipes / Multigrain Sundal / Navratri Recipes:
Navratri Festival is around the corner and I am happy to share a delicious, flavoursome and highly nutritious Sundal recipe.
Sundal is ubiquitous in South India and are popular during Navratri. People keeping Kolu make sundal as neivedyam and to distribute to guests. Sundals can be made with any legumes like white or brown chickpeas, peanuts, moongdal, chana dal, rajma, etc.
Multigrain Sundal is a very healthy and easy to prepare recipe. It is made with soaked multigrains, coconut shreds, ginger , green chilly and tempered with spices. It works great as snack, breakfast, light meal too.
Here goes the super tasty & healthy snack recipe..:)
· Multigrains - 1 cup
· Grated coconut - ½ cup
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Grated ginger - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Urad dal - 1 tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - a twig
· Hing - a generous pinch
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Clean, wash and soak the multigrains overnight in enough water.
2. Next morning, drain excess water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
3. Simmer the flame for 2 mins and turn off flame.
4. Reserve the cooked water.
5. Grind coconut to fine shreds.
6. Peel off the skin of ginger and slice to small pieces.
7. Grind together coconut shreds, ginger and green chilly in a blender.
8. Keep it aside.
9. Heat oil in a frypan.
10. Add the mustard seeds.
11. When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal,hing, curry leaves and saute on a medium flame till the dal turns light brown in color, while stirring continuously.
12. Now add the cooked multigrains, salt and mix well.
13. Cook on a medium flame for another 2 mins.
14. Add the freshly grinded shreds of step 8.
15. Give a quick stir and turn off the flame.
16. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
17. Healthy & tasty Multigrain Sundal ready to enjoy.
18. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Click here to view Navratri Special recipes..!
Advance Happy Navratri to All..:)