How to make Pepper Chicken Roast / Pepper Chicken / Pepper Chicken Fry:
Pepper Chicken Fry: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Here’s one of my favorite Chicken Roast recipe which is a huge hit at my home as well as with friends.
This spicy and delicious chicken dish roasted in dry pepper and aromatic spices tastes wonderful as a starter or side dish with rotis. Also this tastes good with rice, idly and dosas.
Surprise your guests with this awesome pepper Chicken Roast recipe ..:)
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ¾ tsp
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
· Pepper pwd - 1 tsp
· Fennel pwd - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Curry leaves - handful
· Salt - as needed
· Onion sliced - 1 cup
· Capsicum cubed - ½ cup
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Oil - 1 tsp
To Make Chicken Roast:
· Oil - to shallow fry
· Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
· Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
2. Drain water completely.
3. Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt, lemon juice, coriander pwd, ginger garlic paste, pepper pwd, fennel pwd and a tsp of oil.
4. Dice onion, capsicum to cubes.
5. Slit green chilly to lengthy slices.
6. Add the diced onion, capsicum and green chilly to the chicken marination and mix well.
7. Allow it to marinate for 1 hour.
8. Heat oil in a frypan.
9. Pick the marinated chicken pieces from the marinade.
10. Shallow fry the chicken in the heated oil until it is slight brown in color.
11. Drain the chicken from the oil and reserve.
12. In the same oil, add ginger garlic paste.
13. Saute for few minutes.
14. Add the remaining mixture of onions, capsicum, green chilly along with the marinated spice mixture.
15. Once the onion is completely cooked, add tomato ketchup and cook for a minute.
16. Add the fried chicken and mix well for a minute or two.
17. Taste and adjust salt and spice level by sprinkling pepper pwd.
18. Cook covered for 5 mins in low flame.
19. Drizzle a tsp of oil to the sides and roast for a few minutes on high heat.
20. Turn off flame and add few drops of lemon juice.
21. Mix well.
22. Spicy Pepper Chicken Roast is ready.
23. Serve hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
24. This versatile chicken dish makes a perfect accompaniment with chapti, roti, naan, paratha or with any rice preparation.