How to make Badusha ? / Badusha Sweet Recipe / Easy Step-by-step Recipe:
Badusha Sweet: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I am coming with a special Sweet Badhusha. This is my daughter Aish’s favorite sweet. We prepared this sweet as a part of the menu for my daughter’s Birthday last week.
My Mil is excellent in preparing this delicacy and this time I Iearned the recipe from her. It is pretty easy to make. It tasted so delicious and had just the right amount of sweetness with lovely layers inside.
Here is the recipe for the deliciously flaky and layered Indian sweet Badusha…enjoy..:)
· All purpose flour / Maida flour - 1 cup
· Baking pwd - ½ tsp
· Cooking soda - ¼ tsp
· Butter - 1 tbsp
· Milk - ¾ cup
· Sugar - ¾ cup
· Water - ¼ cup
· Cardamom pwd - a pinch
· Rose essence - few drops
· Lemon juice - ½ tsp
· Oil to fry
1. In a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour.
2. Add baking pwd and cooking soda.
3. Mix well.
4. Add butter and combine.
5. Add milk and knead it to fine, fluffy and soft dough.
6. Keep it covered with a damp cloth for 30 mins.
7. Meanwhile, lets prepare sugar syrup.
8. Take sugar in a bowl.
9. Keep ½ tsp of fresh lemon juice ready.
10. Add water, cardamom pwd, rose essence and allow to heat.
11. Continue stirring in low flame for 2 to 3 mins.
12. You can see it comes to one string consistency.
13. Now turn off the flame and add ½ tsp of lemon juice. ( this helps to avoid crystallization of sugar syrup )
14. Keep the sugar syrup aside.
15. Divide the dough to small lemon sized balls.
16. Pat it flat, gently with the finger and make small dent at the centre and set aside.
17. Heat oil in a frypan / kadai.
18. Once the oil is hot, keep the flame in simmer.
19. Add the badushas to the hot oil.
20. Fry in low flame ( its very important, the flame should be in simmer only, else the outer layer will turn brown with inner dough remaining uncooked )
21. Once it is completely cooked and turns crispy, drain from oil.
22. Soak them in the sugar syrup.
23. Allow them to get soaked for 10 mins.
24. Now remove it from the sugar syrup and arrange in a plate.
25. Wait till the shiny texture of sugary coat dries up.
26. Soft and flaky layered homemade Badushas ready.
27. Garnish with chopped nuts and saffron strands ( optional )
Click on link for more lipsmacking sweet recipes..:)
Have a nice day...!!!