How to make Rabri / Rabdi ? / Rakhi Special easy Milk Sweet Recipe:
Rabri is a rich and very delicious North Indian dessert recipe. I always love this creamy, smooth and chilled fantasy.
Making this sweet is sooper easy - even though a little time consuming, the result is definitely worth the effort. And it makes a perfect dessert for parties.Try this easy Rabri recipe and make flavorful Rabri at home and I am sure you will fall in love with it..:)
· Whole fat milk - 1 litre
· Sugar - ¼ cup
· Almonds - 6 to 7
· Pistachios - 6 to 7
· Saffron - few strands
· Elaichi pwd - a generous pinch
· Rose essence - few drops
1. In a wide mouthed non-stick pan, take the whole milk.
2. Boil the milk in medium flame.’
3. Once it comes to boil, keep the flame low and cook slowly.
4. Stir frequently and let the malai ( cream ) thicken at the edge of the pan.
6. Now continue boiling the milk.
7. Keep stirring the milk once in a while, so that it does not stick to the bottom and collect malai / cream on one side.
8. Continue this cooking, until the milk turns thick and the consistency reduces to 1/4 of its original volume.
9. Meanwhile blanch the almonds and pistachios and slice them thinly and keep ready.
10. Soak the saffron threads in 2 tbsp of warm milk.
11. Now add sugar, elaichi pwd and stir it in well. ( adjust the sweetness according to your taste )
12. Cook till the sugar is fully absorbed.
13. Add the soaked saffron threads and slivered almonds and pistachios. ( save some for garnishing )
14. Mix well.
15. Remove from fire and cool. ( Remember it will thicken when cooled )
16. When cold, add the Rose Essence and blend it in.
17. Our yummy sweet Rabadi is ready.
18. Chill it in fridge for few hours.
19. Ladle Rabri into serving bowls, garnish with chopped nuts and serve.