How to make Anjappar Style Chicken Biryani / Spicy Biryani Recipes / Step-by-Step:
Anjappar Style Chicken Biryani :
This is a very aromatic tasty chicken biryani recipe, which can be prepared quickly.
Every weekend, I love to try new recipes, last weekend tried this chicken biryani recipe from a famous TV cookery show. The royal, spicy and lipsmacking taste of chicken biryani is just irresistible. It had a spicy yet extremely delicious taste.
You must have tried lot of biryani recipes, but this one is bit different from others. Once you will try it, you will realize that its really an lipsmacking kind of biryani, that is made by simple spices and ingredients.
Enjoy this recipe of mouthwatering chicken biryani to move your taste-buds..:)
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - few drops
· Salt - ½ tsp
· Yoghurt - 1 tbsp
To prepare Biryani:
· Ghee - 2 to 3 tbsp
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Cloves - 5
· Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
· Cardamom - 4
· Bay leaf - 2
· Marathi moghu - 2
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cumin - 1 tsp
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1
· Tomato - 2
· Red chilly pwd - ½ to 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Biryani masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Fresh mint and coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to taste
1. Add all the marinade ingredients to the chicken pieces and leave it aside for about 1 hour in refrigerator.
2. Wash and soak basmati rice for 5 mins.
3. Drain the water completely and set aside.
4. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan or pressure cooker.
5. Add the basmati rice and fry in low medium flame, till it turns slight golden yellow color.
6. Now take the rice from the pan and keep aside.
7. Add 1 tbsp of ghee and 2 to 3 tbsp of oil and heat it.
8. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, saunf, cumin and Marathi moghu.
9. Fry for a minute.
10. Add finely chopped onions and fry till light brown.
11. Add slit green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
12. Toss further for 2 mins.
13. Add sliced tomatoes and cook until soft and mushy.
14. Now add the marinated chicken and fry for few more minutes.
15. Add finely chopped mint and coriander leaves.
16. Now add 3 ½ cups of water and mix well.
17. Add red chilly pwd, salt, biryani masala pwd and garam masala pwd.
18. Allow to boil for a minute in low flame.
19. Now add the ghee fried basmati rice and stir in gently.
20. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
21. Close the cooker and keep the flame in low medium.
22. After one whistle, simmer the flame and keep in dhum for 5 to 7 mins.
23. Once the pressure goes off, open the lid and fluff the biryani gently.
24. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
25. Hot n spicy Anjappar style Chicken Biryani ready to taste.
26. Serve hot with onion raitha and any spicy curry of your choice.