How to make Mysore Bonda ? / Ulundhu Bonda / Easy Snacks Recipes:
Ulundhu Bonda: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Today, I am going to share one of the hot favorite traditional snack from South Indian cuisine. Ulundhu Bonda is a filling and scrumptious snack that can be served alone with coffee or as a supplement to pongal, idly or dosa.
This tasty bonda is very simple to prepare with very few ingredients.Try this easy vegan recipe and savour the delicious Indian snack..:)
· Whole Urad dal / Ulundhu - 1 cup
· Fresh coconut bits - 2 to3 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1
· Chopped curry & coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
· Black pepper corns - 1 tsp
· Chopped ginger - 1 tsp
· Hing - a pinch
· Rice flour - 2 tsp
· Oil to deep fry
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the urad dal for 2 to 3 hrs.
2. Drain the water and add it to the blender.
3. Add salt and sprinkle very little water & grind to smooth and fluffy consistency.
4. Take care while adding water. Too much water may turn the batter loose and less water leads to thick batter resulting in hard texture of bondas.
5. Chop coconut bits, green chilly, curry and coriander leaves and keep ready.
6. Crush the pepper coarsely.
7. Add the smooth batter to the mixing bowl.
8. Add coconut bits, ginger, hng, rice flour, pepper corns, curry and coriander leaves.
9. Mix well.
10. Now the batter is ready.
11. Heat a pan and pour sufficient oil to fry the bondas.
12. Spread a paper napkin in a plate and keep it ready.
13. Wet your hands with water and make small sized balls of your choice.
14. Drop in hot oil carefully.
15. Turn the flame to low medium.
16. Deep fry the bondas, turning once in a while.
17. When it is cooked on both sides to golden brown, take it out.
18. Drain the excess oil in kitchen tissue.
Healthy Bondas are ready.
19. Enjoy this delicious bondas with coconut chutney or any dip of your choice.